Green Spring Sushi Rolls with Miso Tofu and Edamame-Lime Cream
A perfect light vegan meal for the spring and summer time. With the rice paper, it's a cross between a spring roll and a sushi roll. Besides the interesting flavours, it's an excellent way to get your daily veggies!
For: 3 rolls
- 3 cups (packed) chopped kale
- 1 avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 block of extra firm tofu
- 3 sheets rice paper
- 3 sheets nori
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- Miso Marinade
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp miso
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha, (optional)
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Edamame-Lime Cream
- 3 tbsp frozen edamame
- 1 tsp toasted wheat germ, *Substitute with nutritional yeast for gluten-free
- juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
For the Miso Tofu
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC. Mix all the marinade ingredients. Reserve half of the marinade and set aside.
- Slice the tofu width wise into four slabs. Transfer them onto a baking dish and lay them in one layer. Rub both sides with 3/4 of the marinade.
- Bake the tofu in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Take it out and rub the rest of the marinade on top. Turn the oven temperature to 425 F/220 C, and bake the tofu for another 5 minutes.
- Take out the tofu from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Slice each slab into 6 sticks and set aside.
For the Edamame-Lime Cream
- In a small pot, bring about 1 cup of water to a boil. Add the edamame and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Save 2 tbsp of cooking water. Strain the edamame and place it in a small blender with the reserved liquid and the rest of the ingredients. Blend everything until smooth and creamy. *The sauce can be made in advance and kept in the fridge.
For the Rolls
- Mix the chopped kale with the reserved marinade and set it aside.
- Place the rice paper in a bowl of hot water until soft (10-15 seconds).
- Place the rice paper on a sushi mat, then lay a sheet of nori over it.
- Lay out the chopped kale across the center of the nori about 3"/7.5 cm wide. Place some tofu sticks and avocado on the top. *You may have some extra pieces left to snack on!
- Place your thumbs on the back of the mat and roll the sushi tightly away from you. Be sure to tuck the filling in with the rest of the fingers. Roll the sushi until the edge of the nori is placed under the sushi.
- Wet the blade of a very sharp knife with water and slice the sushi into even pieces. You may want to wet the knife every 2-4 cuts.
- Spoon the lime-edamame cream on top of each roll and sprinkle with some hemp seeds to finish. Enjoy!
Recette et mention de source : My Chouchoux