Mushrooms and Asparagus Risotto
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 6 thick slices of bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8-10 Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 5-6 asparagus, chopped
- 1 ½ cups uncooked risotto rice
- ½ cup dry white wine, (I like using a sauvignon blanc)
- 6 cups hot chicken broth
- ¼ cup Italian parsley
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a pan, melt the butter. Add the bacon and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onion, mushrooms and asparagus and cook until the onion is soft and the bacon is cooked.
- Add the rice and stir well for about 4-5 minutes, then add the wine. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of your pan to get all the flavours.
- Add the chicken broth, about 1/3 of a cup at a time and mix well until almost all the liquid is absorbed before adding more. This step will take about 30 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on your risotto, as you don’t want it to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once your rice is cooked and you have used all the broth, add the parsley and Parmesan cheese and take your pan off the oven. Stir well and serve right away. Enjoy!
Lyne Robichaud, The Willow Life